Friday, March 12, 2010

It's not you. It's me.


I will shut myself out of this world
where it feels like I don't belong.
Let me find the real person
that's been hiding behind the mask for so long.


I've been living pitch-black
for the longest time I can remember.
But that speck of light within just won't back down
and continue to flicker.


Once this perennial struggle is finally settled,
I can't guarantee that everything will be the same.
For I'm not sure who, or what, I'll turn out to be,
or even if by then will I still be sane.


What with everything you've done for me,
in the end I just want you to be happy.
But keeping me in your life won't help,
that I can now clearly see.


So now I'm saying goodbye,
letting you go,
setting you free.
Putting an end to your life's only misery,
also known as "me".

No comments:

Post a Comment